All homes are different to some extent but there is a general trend that can be seen in the homes of different communities in India. Ambedkarites’ homes are different than of so-called Brahmins’ houses. In Ambedkarites’ houses, there is equality among boys and girls, parents give importance to education, and parents teach to respect humanity rather than worship some cow or monkey.
In Ambedkarite homes, your Gods and Heroes are not some fictitious characters but those who worked for humanity and mankind.
Read 12 Benefits of Being Born as Girl in a Home Inspired By Ambedkarite Ideology –
- You don’t have to do a pooja of several deities daily.
- Since you don’t have to do a pooja, you aren’t obliged to shower before going near the “devghar” (By the way, there is no “devghar” in Ambedkarite houses).
- You aren’t obliged to fast on a particular Tuesday or Saturday. Neither you are forced to fast to get better bridegroom nor to prolong the life of your husband.
- You can eat any non-veg food on any day as well.
- When you’re menstruating, you aren’t obliged to restrict yourself to one room, or be forbidden to go in the kitchen, or be forbidden to go near the “devghar”, or be forbidden to touch the utensils, or be asked to sleep on separate bed, or be ordered to wash your hair on the 3rd day. Things go normal, no one bats an eye.
- The very first preference would be given to your education and career. You would be conditioned to develop yourself to be a self-sufficient individual.
- Instead of focusing on your complexion or appearance for better prospects of marriage, you would be encouraged to excel in your careers.
- No Ambedkarite would ever give, take or ask for dowry so your family would not be debt-ridden forever after your marriage.
- No Ambedkarite/Bahujan festival would demean your existence.
- If you are an Ambedkarite Buddhist, no damn person can dare to stop you from going to the Vihara.
- Laws of Manu won’t have any place in your house. You won’t be treated as a sub-human/inferior. Laws of humanity would always prevail.
- You will learn to value humanity and speak against the injustice and stand for equal rights. You are not taught to hate Muslims.
Let us know in the comments what you think about the above observations? How are Ambedkarite houses different from the Brahminical houses? Let us know if you have any other point to mention and we will update the post.
Author – Aboli Nimbalkar, BA Final Year Student