Dalit-Bahujan students are on fire! After Tina Dabi (IAS topper), Kalpit Veerwal (IIT Mains Topper), Riya Singh (TISS Topper) another Dalit has topped the national level entrance examination to get admission in IIT. Dalit girl, Minakshee Rode has topped the IIT Delhi Ph.D. entrance in the discipline of Literature.
Dalit-Bahujan students despite facing hardship and without many resources are performing better than so-called “thekedars of merit”! It is only around 50 years that since Dalits got a few chances of getting an education and they have left merit-dharis miles behind.
We strongly believe that it’s the opportunities those matter and merit is a fake concept created by so-called upper castes to deprive so-called lower castes equal opportunities. It’s the equal opportunities those matter more than whatever fake concept of merit is. Dilip C Mandal, a social activist on Minakshee Rode’s achievement wrote on his Facebook that, “This year for Bahujans is going great and it is becoming difficult to even count so many Bahujans toppers!”
Your fake concept of merit is not above our equal rights!
“In a society like ours which is full of inequalities and discrimination, overstretching the concept of Merit will always be fallible. A strong belief in the concept of equality is the only propellant that will make India an equitable society. Achieving equality is most critical because the growing alienation of a particular section of a society will definitely hurt the rest. The ‘Privileged’ of the country are not concerned if few sections remain alienated from the mainstream and thus are unable to reap the fruits of development. This thinking of theirs and a feeling of indifference will soon hit them hard on their face, unawares,” says Sandeep Dongre
If government or community gives a bit more attention to Dalit-Bahujan students, there is no doubt that they won’t excel in each and every field and not only Dalit-Bahujans but whole India will progress. If only 10-15% so-called upper castes are progressing and getting all the opportunities and leaving behind 85% so-called lower castes, India can never become a developed country. Education is the first step where everyone needs to give emphasis.
Minakshee Rode is an Ambedkarite. We had an opportunity to look at the Minakshee Rode’s Facebook profile which is full of posts raising voice against the injustice and caste atrocities.
Minakshee Rode’s achievement is an inspiration for many others. She has made whole community proud. Velivada team wish all the best to her!
Image Credit – National Dastak