Brahmins, especially Brahmin men, are rarely questioned by so-called feminists and feminists groups led by so-called upper castes. They take up every space and people sometimes even protect their misogyny!
We are usually taught to see any incident of caste discrimination as an individual act or personal views but is never discussed invisible system conferring dominance or privileges of particular caste group over the others. The system that immortalises such acts of caste discrimination.
Brahmin men don’t acknowledge the privileges they enjoy because those come to them naturally, just because they are born in a Brahmin family!
Well here is the list of top 10 Brahmin men privileges –
1. They don’t face housing problems as Dalits and Muslims face even in metro cities
2. Media especially movies, soap serials are obsessed with Brahmin men and show them in good light while distorting the image of so-called lower castes
3. Can get any job (of high position) at any media house, government sector or private firm doesn’t matter, what matters is the “Janeu” that holds them together
4. They receive high wages for their little work and are granted as many holidays as they want and still would get more credit than others and would get promoted without any question
5. People are ready to be friends with them because society accept ‘Sharma’, ‘Trivedi’ or ‘Devedi’ easily
6. Exploit or rape women but they are never put behind bars for any crime
7. They never face serious punishment, no matter how heinous the crime is
8. Have caste connections (read Janeu connections!) in politics, academia, media and so called progressives circles so no need to worry at all everything will be done while Dalits struggle
9. Never murdered/lynched for love (not that we want them to be lynched or murdered)
10. Their identity is never questioned, never are they are made to feel sorry for their existence
These are just a few of the privileges Brahmin men enjoy (sometimes at the cost of others’ lives)! Have you noticed the same around your friend circle? Let us know in the comments if you have any other point that should be included in the list and we will update the post.
Author – Rani Sinha