The Caste system is designed in a way that no one can escape it. Here are a few ways in which Dalit students face caste discrimination in a day to day life and at school, college or universities.
- Dalit students in schools are purified by sprinkling cow urine on them!
- There are separate pre-nursery schools (anganwadis) for the Dalits and non-Dalit students.
- Many Dalit students are forced to commit suicide because of caste discrimination at schools.
- Scholarships for Dalits students aren’t issued on time or many times diverted.
- Dalits students are forced to clean school toilets
- Dalits students are forced to sit at the back benches of the classroom or sometimes even out of the classroom!
- Some schools have separate attendance registers for Dalits.
- In many schools, Dalit students are not allowed to drink water from the tap.
- So-called upper caste students don’t eat food cooked by the Dalit cook.
- In many schools, Dalit Students are made to sit separately for lunch!
- Because of caste discrimination, many schools forbid Dalit students from participating in school events.
- Dalit students are raped and murdered in schools by teachers!
- Schoolchildren in India ‘made to wear colour-coded wristbands to show caste’ and are given bags marked with their caste!
- Dalit kids are forced to play in separate playgrounds.
- Even though Dalit students pass the examinations, they are failed by upper caste teachers purposely and are awarded lesser marks in the interviews!
Ironically, upper castes who hate lower castes FAKE caste certificates to take benefits!